Melting and burning marks found on a fan heater. These are very popular in offices, under desks plugged into extension leads. Extremely dangerous and could potentially cause a fire.
This is unusual find, a insect had been living inside a plug of a kettle. This eventually caused the fuse to blow resulting in this!
This shows obvious signs of burning and includes damage to the socket itself, caused directly from an overheated portable appliance.
The extension lead, these are often overloaded and are a huge risk as a result.